Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Daughter Lies In Her Daddy’s Arms






 www.myscarface.blogspot.com

A daughter lies in her Daddy’s arms 
She’s just a few days
old 
She doesn’t have much time to go 
She’s feeling slightly cold 
Her
Mum and Dad are crying 
Their grief is all too clear 
Granny bends to pick her up 
And there falls a
single tear 
Her uncle feels a pain so deep 
And tries to look so
strong 
She wishes he’d just let it out 
It wouldn’t be so wrong 
She slowly turns her tiny head 
And blinks her one good eye 
And begs for God to let her have 
Her chance to say
Goodbye 
Her mummy looks at her so close 
And says she wants to
die 
The message that her daughter gives 
Is written in her eyes 
“I wish you didn’t look so sad 
I’m going to be fine 
I’m going to visit Jesus Christ 
And see that brother of mine 
We’ll play lots of happy games 
And sing a lovely song 
You know you’ll see us both in time 
In fact it won’t be long 
Do not grieve and do not cry 
I’ll be in a better place 
And I know that when you join us 
There’ll be joy upon your face 
I know there’s not much time left 
To tell you what’s above 
But look into my tiny eyes 
And you can see my love 
I always will watch over you 
With brother, hand in hand 
And maybe in a year or two 
We hope you’ll understand.” 
Her breathing stops and all is still 
The
quiet is so loud 
Her parents although deeply shocked 
Are also very
proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Receive Free Updates